Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hump Day

So, my next blog is supposed to be a picture and a letter.  Since I am stumped on what the heck I'm going to write about, I'll just fill you in on my day (exciting, I'm sure!).  Actually, I have an idea of what I'm going to write about, but it needs to wait.

Well my day started bright and early at 6:30am with my usual oatmeal cooked with egg whites, topped with honey, almonds, and fruit. I always thought people were crazy for eating the same thing every day, but I honestly eat this for breakfast every day unless I'm in a hurry or lazy and just put fruit on cold cereal.  Work in the history department was as lively as you all can imagine a history office to be.  The most exciting thing I did was go tell a class their 8am class was cancelled, which didn't happen until 8:20.  Shockingly there were like 20 students still there.  Fifteen minutes people.  If you're prof isn't there, LEAVE.   But, I do like my job.  I turn on Pandora, do my homework, and get paid for it :o)

Chemistry recitation was a very minor step up in excitement from the history office, but we got out early (yay!).  Then I hit the gym for a killer workout, I can tell my legs will be sore tomorrow!  Had a nice bean salad for lunch that I made last night.  It's quite tasty and has tomatoes, artichokes, onion, celery, black bean, garbanzo beans, chicken breast, and parsley in it with a homemade dressing.  Very healthy.  I'm ruining my healthy streak today with cupcakes now.  They're white cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting.  My excuse is that I'm taking some to my friend who just had her baby and my roommate is taking some to the people she babysits for.  The fact that I'm getting rid of a lot of them still doesn't negate the number of cupcakes I just ate in the last hour or so.  A number I'm not even going to admit to.... :~$

After the gym I had chemistry lecture, came home and read some psychology and took a nap in the sun for the 30 min it was out.  As you can see I lead an exciting life on a daily basis :o)  Next weekend will be much better.  Friday is the Hoo-Ha, Saturday we plan the rest of the garden, and then I head to Portland to visit my sister for her birthday and some Schindler homemade chocolate cake! I don't have pictures from today, but yesterday I took new pics of the garden, so I'll share those!
This is our entire, 10,000 sq. ft. garden.  I'm standing at the NE corner.

These four patches are planted with a variety of onions.

Peas!

Strawberry plant
New leaves growing on the raspberry canes!

No comments:

Post a Comment