Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 22: A Picture of Something You Wish You Were Better At

I've always wished I was more coordinated at playing sports.  However, it's just not my thing.  Maybe if I had like a personal trainer to teach me everything they know and to work me to the bone, then I could possibly be awesome at sports.  My hand/eye coordination is not the best; I even have a hard time determining when to release while throwing a Frisbee.  Not good.

If I were an awesome athlete I think I would chose to be a soccer player; my mom always told me I was a kicker in the womb.  Just kidding.  But, I really like to run (in this dream of amazing athleticism I would also get rid of my knee and hip problems) and wish I could do all the fancy foot moves and bump the ball with my head.  It just looks cool ;o)

Check me out in my alternate life!

Since I don't think I will become this sports pro any time soon, I just wish I was better at pushing myself at the gym.  Like many people, I would like to lose about 10 lbs.  And like a lot of those people, I've been working at it for a long time and I seem to fluctuate from being about 8lbs lighter for part of the year to slowly gaining it all back; and the cycle continues.  My biggest problem area is my core; and my least favorite type of workout is core work.  You can see where this could be a problem.  However, I may have found that motivation FINALLY!  For the past year, I've been feeling a bit emotional and down.  I thought I had gotten over it last fall, only for it to return again.  BUT, I had such an awesome, hard workout yesterday that my body was flooded with endorphins and for once I finally felt like my old self again!  It had been a long time since I truly felt that good and I think it will be my motivation to keep on pushing myself as hard as I did yesterday.  I've always felt good after a workout, but now I've broke that threshold from just feeling good to having a literal endorphin high; a better high than any pill could give me :o)

Hopefully I can get myself to do this kind of thing soon!
So, it's the weekend again.  And today is the first day in a long time where I didn't have to wake up and do something or go somewhere right away.  It's nice, but I also just don't know what to do with myself!  I would love to go to the gym, but my body feels like it needs a rest day...maybe.  Maybe I'll feel more motivated once the sun comes out like the forecast said it would.  Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment